Re: BUNNY: Losing A Dealer

In a message dated 12/15/04 10:53:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,
emoto1@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<Can you elaborate a bit for those of us not "in the  know"?

Having made my living wrenching in bike dealerships in the 80s,  I'm well
acquainted with how tough a business it is, but don't know much  about
the current issues.>>

I'd prefer not to. I thought I was  replying off-list to one person, but I
didn't look carefully at the "send to"  header. I don't need to dig myself in
any deeper with BMW Motorrad USA than I  already have. I make a comment on an
Internet list and six months later it gets  thrown in my face by a BMW M-USA
rep. Not fun.

Suffice to say that BMW  has failed to embrace the "new order" of doing
business that all the other major  car and motorcycle companies have. They will
lose lots of dealers. They ALREADY  have lost lots of dealers. Good people who
got disgusted.

Tom  Cutter