Re: Revard and BMW

In a message dated 12/16/04 5:03:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< The BMW product line is a cut above any other brand when it comes to
 workmanship, longevity and practicality for real-world use.   >>

I think this may be wishful thinking.  My '96 R1100RSL required a clutch and
head gasket replacement at 9K and at 41K the final drive, serviced per the
book and on a bike that is always lightly loaded and not abused, failed.

My '97 Moto Guzzi 1100 Sporti  at 18K has so far required gas, uses less oil
than the RS, and has needed two sets of spark plugs and nothing repaired, only
serviced.  At this point it has the edge in workmanship and reliability.

Cheers

Paul
NJ