Re: ABS

From: "Jack Holloway" <jackh233@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 9:21 AM

Note that I did not claim that "ABS is gods gift to motorcycles", or
anything similar. I recognize that in the vast majority of motorcycle
purchases, the presence or abscence of ABS is not a primary influencer in
the purchase of a specific motorcycle model. History has ample examples that
demonstrate a closer correlation between number of units sold and what the
buying public wants, rather than what's "better", or "better for them." But
that's what makes a free market so great: There as so many choices!

On a similar note, I recently read that Harley-Davidson is busily developing
motorcycle ABS due to market demand from police forces. The article warned
readers not to expect H-D ABS on non-authority rides any time soon.

- -Steve Makohin
 '01 R1100S/ABS
 Oakville, Ontario, Canada