R1200GS article in Cycle Canada magazine

Hello,

Cycle Canada magazine, renown for their accurate, unbiased, and well-written
articles, has a 10-page article on the R1200GS in their Feb '05 issue. The
article is a detailed write-up wrapping up about a year-long, 20,000 km
evaluation of the machine. According to the article:

  Highs:
    o Smooth, powerful Boxer
    o Wonderfully versatile motorcycle

  Lows:
    o Needs a companion Adventure model with more fuel
      capacity, lower gearing
    o Optional luggage has insecure mounts

The article has a strongly worded closing: "There are a few flaws, yes, but
overall we'd say this is the best motorcycle BMW has ever built." I would
assume this excludes the newly released K1200S which has not been evaluated
yet.

Cycle Canada can be reached at www.cyclecanadamagazine.net. I have no
affiliation with Cycle Canada or their employees.

- -Steve Makohin
 '01 R1100S/ABS
 Oakville, Ontario, Canada