Re: Center bolt on R1100 with 5-spoke wheel

Are you selling a 3-spoke wheel of an R1100RS ?????
Bob Silas
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Soren S. Jorvang
  To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 12:06 PM
  Subject: Center bolt on R1100 with 5-spoke wheel

  I have a 5-spoke rear wheel that I am about to put on my R1100RS.

  Having the bike apart anyway (clutch job and misc. other servicing),
  I noticed that there is a center bolt hole in the rear drive that
  appears to have the right depth to hold a 5th screw with a 5-spoke
  wheel.

  So, maybe I should just buy an extra screw and bushing, but I wonder..

  The R1150's come from the factory with only four wheel bolts, and
  there is a market for logo'ed plugs that fit the center hole.

  Is there any reason why I shouldn't use the fifth bolt?

  --
  Soren