Re: 5600 Miles on an R1200RT

Tanks for the write-up. On my next tour to the West I will try to take these recommended roads; that's the reason why I extracted the essential info below, which I will print out and place it into my tank-bag for future use.
I enjoyed reading the rest of your report too.
Bob Silas, Montreal
'94 R1100RS
  Washington Rt. 20.   Absolutely recommended.   It runs East-West just a bit under the  border.  Sturgis/Badlands/Black Hills area.  Another nice surprise.
  Spearfish Canyon is not to be missed.
  Other great roads were Rt. 87 running along the East side of Glacier National Park.
  Took I-29 down to I-90 and into the LaCrosse, WI area.
  I must say LaCrosse County has some of the best twisty roads we traveled on the whole trip.