RE: oilheads-digest V2 #188

plpklt@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Greg,
>
> It clearly sounds like shot muffler bearings (which are excluded on your
warranty) to me. They probably went bad and >caused excess back pressure on
the sand clapper valve, which are designed to blow out like that to keep the
Fritzlator from >going on the Fritz.

If you go to the dealer they will insist that this condition can't even be
diagnosed, let alone rectified, without the use of a $20k Bosch
chrono-synclastic infundibulator.

However, I have made suitable permanent repairs of muffler bearings by
thoroughly cleaning with prop wash, then wrapping with about 100 feet of
flight line. Both items are inexpensive and readily available at your local
general aviation supply, and will give your bike a true high-tech panache ;)