Re: Lets get back to oilheads... throttle body question

Thanks, Andrew,

I wish we could post photos.  If the 28 feet of tubing are in a "u"
shape on the four foot board (using what sounds like about 10 feet of
the tubing), where is the remainder of the 28 feet?  I'm having a little
trouble visualizing what your vacuum gage looks like.  Anyway, I'll test
for air leakage w/carb cleaner.  The tube clamps are tight. I do have an
old Carb Stik w/mercury that I never liked.   I may break it out and see
if I can adjust the throttle stops as you suggested.  I've never removed
the BBSs and cleaned them so I'll do that too.  I had done a careful
valve adjustment (OVAD).  The engine runs smoothly, but I'd like to
determine why the BBSs are so uneven in their setting and get the idle
down a bit.  Thanks for your ideas.

John Van Deren
Montpelier, VT