Re: Lets get back to oilheads... throttle body question

Hi Bob and Andrew,

Well, I started out this morning thinking I had better do a zero=zero.
What I found when I started taking the left throttle body "stuff" off
was that the throttle body clamp to the cylinder head was loose and
passing crud (and probably air...hidden from sight by the plastic
injector cover) and that the GS intake tube had a broken o-ring
connecting to the throttle body.  To me that means that the left side
was actually the weaker side as the right had more vacuum (as borne out
by the TwinMax...replaced its cracking hoses today to eliminate that
source of leakage).  So, zero=zero is on hold while I get a replacement
o-ring. Hopefully, that will solve the BBS imbalance, and life will be
good once again. I did find the existing TPS to be a bit low at .340 but
I'm not going to change anything until the o-ring is installed and
another balance attempted (I think I'll start swearing if I have to
adjust the throttle stop!). This bike has never annoyingly surged (well,
once when the Hall Effect unit went south).  Left throttle cable still
has .5 mm free play...right has none at this point but hopefully that
will change at next balance.  I'll keep you posted.  Thanks.

John Van Deren
Montpelier, VT
No ride today!