Re: R1100S questions

Hello Dave,

I use the BMW oil in my R1100S. The BMW store recommends it, my independent mechanic (BMW trained) recommend it, and the cost is reasonable.

The trouble with checking the oil is getting the engine up to temperature. It was less than 40 degrees this when I left home this morning, and I drove 12 miles. The oil did not come out of the cooler, and would have given me a low reading. Yesterday afternoon I rode the same route, but the air temp was 75, and the oil level looked fine, lower 1/4 of the glass.

 I hope you grow to enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

- -Rene