RE: Reserve Light

"Sioux Harris" vsharris@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Earlier this summer I went in and changed the fuel filter inside the tank.
>Could I have accidentally bumped something in there??

Very likely. In fact, it is very hard not to accidentally bend or stress the
float rod, and thereby affect the float's range of motion, which could cause
exactly this problem.

Short of removing the filter/pump assembly again and trying to see what's
wrong, here are 3 ideas that *might* work (or might jam it more firmly in
place; it's a crapshoot):

Removing the filler neck and fishing around with a piece of wire
Banging on the tank with the flat of your hand
Sloshing the fuel inside around as vigorously as possible

Good luck.

Regards,
John D
'93 R11RS