Re: Shrieking Starter

|  I'd like to hear about anyone's experience.  Thanks.

Hello,

I decided to go on a complete disassembly for cleaning on my '98 R11R
(~ 140kkm at that time). That solved the problem.
My experience is that what was going wrong was the lubrication
of what is called the "plunger" in french (no Haynes handy to check
the proper vocab., sorry). It seemed that the spring that brings back the
so-called "plunger" inside the coil when you stop pressing the button is not
strong enough when there is dirt accumulating between the two of them.

					Pascal