RE: R1200GS brake question

I saw the stripped European down model (non-abs) last summer at a couple
of dealers, I believe they retailed for just under 14K.

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Bob Hadden
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 2:55 PM
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: R1200GS brake question

Pat,  Contrary to what Marco has said; I am pretty sure there were a
small number of non abs 1200GS units sold this year.  If you are really
seeing that, I would look at the bike and see what the facts are.  I did
see one owner report that he had a non abs model and he said the brakes
were terrific.  My understanding was that the  non abs bike had
conventional, old fashioned, hydraulic brakes, but I don't know this
first hand.

You need to look at this bike.  My bet is that it's a good'un.

Bob Hadden - '05R12GS, '62R27