RE: Shoot David Robb!

Reid Ewing quoted me:

>>.. offered in ten years?

>When I bought my R1100RT in '96, even Harley guys stopped and commented on
>"what a great-looking bike that is!" And it still happens now. Non-moto
>people ask, "Is that a new model bike? It's beautiful!" So beyond the
>standard reply (beauty is in the eye ...) to your comment, some Beemer
>design of the last ten years is percieved by a lot of people as very, very
>good. Your sweeping inclusion of everything done in the last ten years
>might be overly subjective.

I started out with the disclaimer that the whole rant was subjective.

I will have to say that the original RT was okay by me, and the 1150
was even better, but I have technical gripes with that one (overly
discussed by others here) that keep me from considering it.  I can't
consider a GS no matter what it looks like (I'm a dwarf...).  The
current crop just insures the security of the RS and the R90 in the
garage.
- --
____________________________________
Don MacQueen, Shelby NC
- --a hangover is the wrath of grapes...
'95 R1100RS
'75 R90/6
'00.5 RSV Mille
'88 K75s (challenged)
'05 B5.5 Passat PD-TDI
'01 Great Googoolee Moogoolee
'02 BikeE E2
WolfPack #004 emeritus
BMWRA, BMWMOA, TDIclub.com, Apriliaforum