Re: How long has your BMW lasted without serious issues?

In a message dated 1/9/2006 2:07:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wateredg@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
  Year and Model of bike (e.g., 2000 R1100S):
  Miles ridden by current owner (convert km to miles, x 0.62):
  Total miles ridden, all owners (convert km to miles, x 0.62):
  List of major issues:
    -
    -
    -
  List of minor issues:
    -
My 1994 R1100RS took me around the country during the Iron Butt Rally this
year with no problems. I covered about 16,000 miles in 16 days and the bike
didn't hiccup.

It now has 66,000 miles total and there have been no major issues. I
purchased the bike with about 38,000 miles on it, so it's possible there could have
been issues, but the most recent previous owner had no particular issues either.
Don't know about what happened before that.
Minor issues? The clutch cable is beginning to fray but has not broken. Tires
wear out around 8,000 miles. The bike gets dirty when I ride to work several
days in a row.

Geoffrey Greene
Knoxville, Tennessee