Re: Side-stand disconect

- -----Original Message-----
From: ABSDoug <absdoug@xxxxxxxxx>
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx <oilheads@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 20:31:23 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Side-stand disconect

Oh & something else... how do you know which side to hook positive & negative to
activate a relay? That isn't exactly clear to me.

A relay is not polorized any more than a light bulb is.  it is just a coil so it doesn't
care which way the power runs thru it...  just make sure you have the coil wires
and not the load side of the relay, however,  the load side doesn't care either but you
usually switch the hot side of a device though you can techinically control the
ground side of a device just as well, that is why we sometimes get phantoms
as a device finds an intended ground source....

paige