RE: Side-stand disconect

At 09:25 AM 1/20/2006 -0500, John Dancoe wrote:

>Oh & something else... how do you know which side to hook positive & negative
>to activate a relay? That isn't exactly clear to me.

Doug,
   Relays with Internal Suppression Circuits:
     There are some relays with internal suppression circuits which make
the external diode unnecessary. The suppression circuit is generally a
resistor or a diode parallel to the relay coil. The relays with a diode
suppressor will have polarity sensitive coil connections. This means that
the proper relay coil terminal (the positive terminal) must have the
positive voltage applied to it. If the relay is connected improperly, the
relay may be damaged or in some cases it simply won't operate.

   Terminal 85 is almost always the ground side and terminal 86 is the +
side of the relay.

Mick
Tucson