Re: More wiring stuff.

ABSDoug writes:
 > Loud and clear I've heard fooling with grounds is not a good idea.
 > That said I'm pretty sure the wire associated with the safety
 > disconnects could still be eliminated.

Yep.  But I bet they soon snake to a bundle of eleventy-seven other wires,
most of which can not be eliminated.

I would not think of eliminating wires unless I was prepared to rewire
the entire bike.   I'd start by labeling every wire, then removing the
entire harness.  I'd then either building a new harness from scratch or
take apart the existing harness and then put it back together less any
circuits I wanted to remove.  I'd strongly lean toward the latter for
several reasons.

I've done similar things in the past... the long past when electrical
systems were *much* simpler (In the 70s on a triumph bonnie).   I'd not
think it worth the effort on a modern bike.

If you do this, take lots and lots and lots of pictures.   You can't take
too many.   No matter how many you take when it comes time to put things
back together you are guaranteed not to have a picture you need to answer
some question of wire routing.

// marc