Re: Dead list?

Mick writes:
 > At 09:26 AM 3/22/2006 -0800, Minor, Bob wrote:
 > >Where did everybody go?  Doesn't somebody want some advice on tires,

 [snip]

 >    I think everyone has migrated to the other Internet Forums,
 > bmwsporttouring.com and bmwmoa.org

And don't forget advrider.com.

It does seem that the on-line forums have nearly replaced both mailing
lists and usenet (although people have been saying usenet is dead for
at least a dozen years :-)   That's too bad for some like me using
dinosaur operating systems and tools that make it easier to manage
things like mailing lists and news groups.   Oh well, life moves on.

Re GS Tires: Tourance and Anakees are popular.   I am currently running
a Tourance rear and a Dunlop front (because the bike came with dunlops
and the front hasn't worn out yet).  I'll most likely replace the dunlop
with an Anakee front as they are reported to be a touch stickier than
the Tourance, but don't last as long.   Front tire wear doesn't seem to
be an issue on the R12GS, though.

// marc