Re: Latest projects

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 07:42:58 -0800, you wrote:

>I did some dynamic balancing once with my Twin Max.  What I found is
>that the resolution while riding is much less than with the bike
>stationary.  And that's because at a given RPM the butterflies are
>barely cracked open when the bike is stationary but at speed and under
>load they've opened much more so differences between them aren't very
>detectable.  As many in the tuning section of the IBMWR list have
>pointed out, the goal in synchronization is having the butterflies open
>up at the same time.  And that's best done with the bike sitting in your
>garage.

I disagree.  I velcro'd mine to the tank of my R1100R and left the
lucknuts loose on the cable.  I was able to tweak the balance as I
rode.  I found that I coul do a better job balancing it at the RPM's
that made the surging the worst.

Now, I have a dual-plug R1100S :-)  No more surge :-)

Wayne Woodruff
http://www.jtan.com/~wayne