RE: [BMWMc] Thanks to those who responded about the Gel battery &Batter Tender

Wanted to put in my two cents in about batteries...

Recently, my 2004 R1150R Rockster, bought in September 2003 and 41k miles,
wouldn't start because the battery wouldn't hold a charge for more than a
few weeks.

My solution was the $44.68 digikey battery, the same one my 83 R80ST uses
and with a larger one in the 87 R80.  The original battery lasted 31 months,
a personal record for me with new motorcycle batteries.  The one in my 83
Yamaha XS650 lasted 11 months, in the 87 R80 9 months.

I seldom put batteries on charge since the bikes never seem to go into
storage in Texas.  Now, I do admit, I rode far less last winter than I
usually do, but that is a factor of having a new house that needed work and
a much longer commute to work.

So when this battery stops holding a charge well, I will write a check for
another $44.68...

Oh yea, I snapped off one of the fuel line quick connects.  A piece of 5/16
tubing and a couple of hose clamps fixed THAT PROBLEM.

Howard