Re: Tires, forks, brakes, Oh my!

- -----Original Message-----
From: Matt Warren <matt@xxxxxxxxxx>Wrote...

And as a side question, didn't really figure on how/why these fork tubes
were full of oil. If the telelever strut is doing all the suspension work
and the sliders are just along for the ride (with no typical valving
inside), why filled with oil?

The oil lets them slide ealily with no stichcon  (sp?)

And, with instructions saying to bleed them in a no-load position, how is it
they move at all? I'd think we'd be dealing with a chamber full of oil. If
liquid is not elastic how do they compress at all? In short, what am I
missing here.

They are not filled entirely with oil.

Finally, Brake fluid. DOT 4 is the spec. Any opinions on synthetic vs
non-synthetic?

STick with dot 4.  The synethics and I assume this means the silicones are bad news.
They are not compatible with other fluids and they don't absorb water, which sounds like
a reason to use them but actually the water "puddles" in the system and then causes REAL
problems.

paige poole