Re: Air Filter Test Results

In a message dated 4/24/06 12:23:07 PM Eastern  Standard Time,
wateredg@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
My BMW bike philosophy is: Enjoy  it for what it is. If you want more power,
get another  bike.>>

Many noted tuners agree with you, Steve.

Most BMW riders know of Udo Gietl. Udo built the  R90S-based Superbikes that
won the first AMA Superbike race in Daytona back in  1976, and later BMW
enticed him out of retirement to manage the US BoxerCup  entries, piloted by rider
Brian Parriott. Sharp-eyed observers will remember  that Brian lost the first
Daytona BoxerCup race by a tire width, and came back  int he following year to
win Daytona on the San Jose BMW-sponsored R1100S  BoxerCup bike. Udo knows
how to make BMWs go fact, maybe better than anybody  else in the world.

Many BMW riders do not know that  Udo also headed American Honda's roadracing
effort for many years, taking that  marque to 8 roadracing titles.

Udo and I stay in  touch by email and get together whenever possible. Last
summer I told him that i  would like to get a little more poop out of my R1100S,
figuring that he would  have the inside scoop. He told me to wait until he
got home and he would send me  some information to go faster.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
He sent me a photograph of a Honda CBR600RR... :)

I get it. The R1100S sits in the garage with the bag mounts attached, ready
for  a long carefree weekend. If I want to go fast, i load my GSXR750 into the
trailer and go to the track. In fact, just got home at 2 this morning from
Summit Point. Had a ball, and wasn't trying to make a silk purse from a sow's
ear.
Tom Cutter
Yardley, PA
http://www.RubberChickenRacingGarage.com