Re: Test ride on R1200S and R1200RT

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Wayne Woodruff" <wayne@xxxxxxxx>

>> o The R1100S has the most intense vibrations of any boxer.
>

> Is that an opinion or do you have something to substantiate that
> claim?

I wouldn't be surprised for the S to vibrate more. The S was a regular Boxer
in a higher state of tune. Compression ratio was higher than a regular
boxer. Don't know about possibly higher performnace cams and/or larger valve
sizes. Can't remember now since it was first introduced. But I do remember
at introduction that the extra power came from normal  hot rodding
techniques.

I'd expect that if you took compression back down to regular Boxer level ie
R1100 RT etc, that vibration would decrease somewhat.

Bruno
Montreal, Canada
CBR 929
http://pages.videotron.com/mcrides