Re: Lowering R1100R

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Toby Berk" <berkt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Lowering R1100R

> My wife is thinking about replacing her '78 R80 airhead with something a
> more powerful and reliable.  The problem is that she is "inseam
> challenged" and we do some of our riding on somewhat rough gravel roads
> (which require a little more sureness in foot placement than flat smooth
> pavement).  She likes my R1100R but even with the stock seat in the
> lowest position she need about another inch.

Have you considered having the seat lowered an inch or so?
I'd probably consider this the first and best option fo your intended use.
Also, possibly narrowing the seat at the front. This maximizes inseam
length.
You lose some when splaying out over a wide seat.

If this works, it will allow her to keep full suspension travel, useful for
rougher gravel roads.
For the same reason, you probably don't want lower profile tires either.

HTH

Bruno
Montreal, Canada
Joe Rocket Blaster 3.0 leather jacket review
http://pages.videotron.com/mcrides/product_evals/joe_rocket/blaster3.htm