Telelever Ball-Joint Looseness

Bob:

Next time, HEAT the bolt first.  It loosens the lok-tite.  A propane torch
puts out enough heat for this.  Mapp gas or acetelyne is too much.  Replace
the bolt with a new one on reassembly.

- -TB

>I changed top and bottom ball joints of  my '94 R1100RS at about 90.000
miles. I was advised that when changing the bottom one the top one should be
changed too.
It was difficult to take them out, it took a 3/4" impact wrench to loosen
them. The original ball joints put in with "locktite" or similar compound.
It wasn't necessary to change those ball joints yet, I did it as part of
preventive maintenance.
Bob Silas
Montreal, Que. Canada