Re: How about 1998

Robert covered the mechanical issues.  Basically I'd say it's the
normal age/mileage cautions.  As far as surging goes, I'm of the
opinion that they all surge.  You can tune a lot of it out with
careful throttle body balancing, zero=zero TPS setting, and spark
plug change.  OR you can do that and spring for a Techlusion fuel
box, and forget about it.  If the bike is at the right price, $259
for the box is an easy choice.
- --
____________________________________
Don MacQueen, Shelby NC
- --what am I doing in this handbasket?
'75 R90/6
'06 Daytona 675
'05 B5.5 Passat PD-TDI
'01 Great Googoolee Moogoolee
'02 BikeE E2
WolfPack #004 emeritus
BMWRA, BMWMOA, TDIclub.com, Apriliaforum
svrider.com, triumph675.net, RAT, Advrider