Re: The Low-Down on Bike ABS, Linked and EVO Brakes

Wayne,  It is well documented at a skidding wheel has less traction
than a turning wheel.  This is sliding friction vs breakaway friction
in reverse.  Example.  If you have a cement block on your driveway and
want to slide it along, there is more force required to start the slide
than to maintain the slide once started.

Bob Hadden '05R12GS, '62R27