  From: James H. Nazarian, Ph. D.
  To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2006 12:03 AM
  Subject: ThrottleMeister on R1150GS

  I recently visited my dealer and bought a new ThrottleMeister (TM) for my
  2001 R1150GS. I installed it following the manufacturer's instructions, but
  the unit would not disengage as it should. So I emailed the company, and at
  their suggestion, I added more and more washers between the TM and the
  handlebar until I had a 1/4" stack, Finally, the TM would release as it
  should. This cured the problem and the operation was smooth and normal. That
  lasted about two weeks. The TM has reverted to the aforementioned condition:
  It does not disengage as it should.

  Has anyone experienced this? If so, what were you able to do to permanently
  fix the problem?

  Jim
  microdoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx