Re: Radial tyre repair ?

The problem with some plugs, is that the reamer tool actually causes you to
damage the tire more i.e. the cords.  I use the sticky string plugs while
out on the road and usually, but not always, will patch from the inside when
I get home.  I use whatever name brand plugs and patches my auto parts store
has on the shelf.  A time or two in my life, I have left a screw or nail to
just stay in the tire for a few days until I can effect repair.

Only once have I ever aborted a trip because of a roadside tire repair.  My
glue had dried to a solid in the tube.  Read into this that I feel pretty
good riding on a repaired tire.

Caveat, damages to the sidewall are a different matter.  My confidence in
riding wiht sidewall damage / repair goes WAYYYYY down.  Sidewalls only have
a layer or two of cords, while the tread area has multiple layers.  Some,
(maybe all?), tire manufacturers say no damage to the sidewall is
permissible.

Duke