Re: No spark

I second the hall sensor diagnosis.  Happened to me very similar to what you
describe, even the tach jumping around like crazy (didn't hear buzzing
though).  My HES passed the bench test too, until I melted it wiht my heat
gun, duh.  My conclusion, the insulation on the wires deteriorated as
mentioned elsewhere.

There is a fellow named Anton something that has a great website on how to
rebuild HES yourself.  Mottorad Elektric sells rebuilts for about 100.00
less than BMW; and of course there is BMW.

Duke