HES

To the experienced --

I finally cut my HES harness open between the wire (cable) stays
(clamps) on the backing plate.

There is NO cracking, no discoloration and no obvious breaks. The clear
shrink over the splices is still clear and the black plastic wire
separator is still there and fine. The cable jacket (heat shrink) was
soft and pliable.

If this sounds good, than I'm going to reseal with Scotch #7 tape (self
sealing silicone, 250C rating), and maybe some Permatex black (232C
rating). Any other suggestions (please keep it on the subject) will be
appreciated.

Question, since the Permatex black is rated for continuous duty above
200C and is a terrific electrical insulator and a decent conductor of
heat, would it be a good idea to fill the cable with it prior to
sealing, so that it adds to the wire insulation and heat transfer to the
plate. Just a thought.

- --
William (Bill) Moss
billmoss@xxxxxxx
  Those who will not reason,
  are bigots,
  those who cannot,
  are fools,
  and those who dare not,
  are slaves.
by Lord Byron
  God grants liberty only to those who love it,
  and are always ready to guard and defend it.
by Daniel Webster