Re: bad gas mileage

On Sep 21, 2006, at 10:41 AM, rchitwoo wrote:

> I, started riding my 1996 r1100rt 4 months ago. I have noticed it
> gets about
> 34.8 mpg this seems really bad.  The bike seems to run just fine
> but the
> mileage is poor.  I only have 26K on it and no history of prior
> maintenance
> other than I changed the plugs at 23k.

My '94 RS can do as poorly in town... especially when I ride like a
teenager! Good news is it gets over 50mpg touring in the Rockies, and
over 40mpg at legal speeds on the hwy.

There's a _lot_ written (and for sale) on the topic of boxer mileage:
have a look on the web and you'll be busy for hours...

I'm assuming you've checked for brake drag, tire underinflation, etc...

L. Allen Poole
R100GS (sport tractor)
R1100RS (transport appliance deluxe)