Re: [BMWMc] Veterans Day

Hello all,

From: George Wacaser

> Saturday is Veterans Day....as always, a big thank you to all of our
> list members who have or are serving in our Armed Forces.  My hat is
> off, and I salute you all.

On this topic, according to some news that passed my way, there are only
three World War I veterans alive today, all between the ages of 105 and 106.
There is a movement to mark the last veteran's passing with a full state
funeral, something that is typically reserved for heads of state. This state
funeral is intended to honor *all* those who gave their lives and their
innocence for the freedoms we hold dear.

I don't know if this movement is legitimate or not (there are over 9,000
hits when you Google: "State funeral" 105 106 veterans), nor how wide-spread
its influence will be. But I do believe it would be a proper send off for
the last WWI veteran. A sort of a hero's farewell to the last living memory
of having fought in The War To End All Wars.

The petition is at www.dominion.ca/petition

- -Steve Makohin
 '01 R1100S/ABS
 Oakville, Ontario, Canada

PS: I found I had to put something in the "Comment" field, or I got an error
when submitting.