Re: Swing arm pivot bolt question

I actualy DO use the BMW recommended product, bought from a BMW dealer.
Loctite#2701, (says on the bottle in German: Catalog no. 19148) FWIW, I
think that Loctite uses different product numbes in their European
system than in the USA, fo some wierd reason.

Be careful with this stuff. It is NOT a general-use thread locking
product. You can EASILY pull the threads right out of an aluminum case
if you do not heat the area first on disassembly. On the swingarm and
paralever pivots, it is absolutely necessary to use heat for removal,
and to totaly, thoroughly clean every litle crusty bit of loctite out
of the threads and the pins before reassembly. You would also do well
to use a Loctite Primer to assure that the surface is clean, though I
just clean with Acetone, being very careful to keep it away from the
painted swingarm exterior surface.

If you find that your Paralever pivot bearings are notchy, replace
them.

**WARNING-COMMERCIAL INTEREST HERE!!** I sell replacement Oilite
bushing kits to relace the problem-prone tapered needle paralever pivot
bearings. Contact me offlist for more information. Some day I will
actually put the info on my website.

Tom Cutter
Yardley, PA
www.RubberChickenRacingGarage.com
"If you love something, let it go.
If it comes back to you, you just high-sided."