RE: oilheads-digest V3 #186

At 10:54 AM 12/20/2006 -0500, Dancoe, John wrote:
>Hi guys,
>
>What's the conventional wisdom for tires these days: sport-touring, R11RS.

The Metzeler Z6 seems to handle well and last 5-6K miles on the rear.
If you are doing BIG miles fully loaded, I would suggest Metzeler ME-880's.
I put them on my R1100RT and I love them.  Decent stick in the wet and
12-14K miles on the rear.  The fronts will go almost twice that mileage.
I use the Bias-Ply tires but they also make them in Radial.

Mick
Tucson