Re: oilheads-digest V3 #187

Robert Silas writes:
 > Is the tire responsible for "to stand the buke up under braking when leaned
 > over"???????

The location and shape of the contact patch is partially responsible for
the bike standing when brakes are applied in a turn.  When I had my RT
the Z6 were easily my favorite handling tire in that they were the most
neutral.  I didn't have to force the bike into a turn nor did I have
to keep the front end from flopping over too far (something that the
BT-020 had a tendency to do).   And, as noted, the bike would not stand
as fast should I be foolish enough to apply lots of brakes while leaned
over.

Now that I'm on a GS I find that the tourance is almost as nice as
the Z6 in handling, yet lasts twice as long!

// marc