  From: Bruno Valeri
  To: Oilheads List ; Mac-Pac list
  Cc: Steve Makohin
  Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2007 3:47 PM
  Subject: Re: MAC-PAC: OT: Spyder BRP (3-wheeled motorcycle)

  From: "Steve Makohin" <wateredg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

  > PS: In the words of one friend of mine, it's nice to see Canadians making  a
  > product for a virtually non-existent market :-)

  True, but it's in keeping with Bombardier philosophy, part of their DNA coding,
  if you will.  :)
  To think outside the box.

  Armand Bombardier invented snowmobiles and created a huge market where non
  existed.

  Bombardier, the company, introduced Sea-Doo watercraft, creating a huge market
  where non existed.

  They innovated with the ATV market.

  The Spyder is an extension of the Powersports product mix. It is not an attempt
  at creating a motorcycle.  It's a leisure product meant to provide
  entertainment in the same way that personal watercraft and snowmobiles do. In
  this sense, there is an overlap as many people buy motorcycles for an
  entertainment value vs strictly practical tramsportation.

  BTW, Rotax, owned by BRP, power several BMW models as well as supply the 990cc
  V-twin for the Aprilia sportbike. This is the engine now in the Spyder.

  I'm looking forward to riding one for review.

  Bruno
  Montreal, Canada
  CBR 929
  http://pages.videotron.com/mcrides