Re: Fw: Batteries

At 02:11 PM 3/21/2007 -0500, Tom Brown wrote:

Let's see, the only other stories I've heard about batteries is that the early Westco's would give ABS faults, even when they were new, because they were slightly under the capacity one needs for that combination of adequate cranking power and maintaing enough voltage to keep the ABS circuit happy, especially on earlier Oilheads. A friend bought one of those Panasonic batteries for his '96 RT and never had a problem with it. I don't know now if this is typical or not. The Panasonics used to be very inexpensive.

-TB

Tom,
  I've been using the Panasonic LC-X1220P batteries in my '96 R11RT since
1997 or so.  I replace them every 4 years just because I travel FAR from
home at times.  :)  Never had one fail but I DID have 4 BMW Flooded wet-cells
fail on two different bikes and ALL within warranty.  Digi-Key's current price
on the Panasonic AGM is $56.19 with free shipping.

Mick
Tucson