From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Linda & Steve Berto
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 6:40 AM
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Replacement grip w/ Heated grips

The left grip on my 2002 R1150R has split in a few places.  I tried to get a
replacement grip at the dealer and was told that I would have to buy the
grip
along with the heating element since I have heated grips.  The parts person
tried to sell me just a grip with the hopes it would fit but it is not large
enough to go over the bars with the heating element.
Here are all the numbers on the package for the part he sold me:
B20 04 02          32 72 1 458    395
58366             Handle       B
2848759
05/045                               0404025

I am not that familiar with BMW parts numbers so I am not sure which of
these
numbers is the part numbers so I included all the numbers on the package.
Does anyone know if there is just a replacement grip that I can buy (OEM or
aftermarket) that will fit over the heating element for my heated grips?

Steve Berto
2002 R1150R
Annandale, Va
s.l.berto@xxxxxxxxx