Created a short some how.

Bike is a 2002 1150R.

I have autcom added to my bike (power through a fuse with the negative on the battery).

So I took off the tank to add on gerbing electric gloves. I took off the autocom system but left the wiring in place. I attached the hot and negative directly to the battery. I replaced the tank with no problems and did a short ride out and back (total ride 30 minutes no problem)

The next morning I put back on the autocom and turned it on. I had not plugged in the electric gloves yet. As I pulled out of the yard, my bike went dead. Engine died and the electrics all went off. I started it back up and made it through another light before it shorted again.

I got it back to the house and know I'm trying to figure out what's causing it to die on me. Since then I've flipped the switch on it and it was slow to come up, but it did start. After a while of running on the center stand, it died out again.

I did notice that I had not gotten both of the  gaslines hooked back up and have since broken one and will be replacing it today. Not sure if that could have caused the problem.

Any ideas to help me start to figure out what's wrong?

gregory

Gregory Appling
385 Waverly St
Sunnyvale, CA 94086