RE: oilheads-digest V4 #165

Regarding the issues below from Guzzi Rider-

Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 20:43:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: guzzirider <theguzzi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: r1100rt exhaust

I've heard this may not be a good thing to do. (Not sure why, but it may
be worth pursuing who has and has NOT messed with their cat on this
board.)

throttle surge.<<<<<

I have a Techlusion 259 "box" on my 2000 R1100R, 18K. I've been pretty
pleased with it. I can wind my bike up to 6500-7000 RPM fairly quickly
and smoothly with it. (I know . . . That's getting up there, but it
underscores how fast it can get up there with the 259 module.) You have
to pay attention to the tach. If there's surging, it's hardly noticeable
or NOT even.

The slight downsides- The throttle may not be as linear as I like when
downshifting but it's acceptable. My gas mileage is, at best, 36-38 mpg
in optimal conditions. Maybe on a long trip at 65 mph, on a lightly
trafficked interstate, I could see 39-40 mpg . . Don't know. Also a
moderate amount of "soot" in and at the back of the pipe . . . Tells me
"unburned fuel."

All that said, I can live with it. Probably someone could help me with
the ideal 3 or 4 "pot" switch setting, but it's working ok, I don't want
to go in the wrong direction with messing with it. Hope this helps.

Kevin