RE: Persistent ABS fault

Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:42:20 -0400
From: Don MacQueen <dmac@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Persistent ABS fault

Okay:  2002 R1150RS, battery is an Odyssey, in good shape, fully
charged.  I recently had a fall, and the bike went down on the right
side.  As far as I can trace, the wiring to the ABS sensors is
undamaged.  But, I have an ABS fault that appears at key-on, not
after engine start.  Do I need to disconnect the battery overnight or
something to let the system clear itself?  Any other suggestions?

- --
____________________________________
Don MacQueen, Shelby NC

Don,

I had the same problem for the same reason. There is a proceedure for reading
aand clearing ABS faults that is described in the R1100 Tech Manual on the
website. IIRC it is on page 72. the 1150 uses the same system. I can't get to
the site at the moment to verify that page number, but it is easy to do.  I
would read the fault and then clear it to see if it returns.

Cheers,

Bob Covey
Thousand Oaks CA
'96 R1100RT