R1100RS running cold-update 10.6.2008

Afternoon heads,

As it turns out, my testing of the oil temp sensor may prove to be fruitful. I
contacted the representative from Bosch who confirmed that the oil temp
sensor is an NTC unit which in essense reads lower ohm resistance as the
temperature of the oil climbs; (as some of you may remember,  my sensor read
2.96 when cold and 3.50 when the temp guage reached 3 bars), Ergo, it seems
that the temp sensor itself may have gone south. I have ordered a new sensor
and will keep you all posted with the results. Hopefully, if that is the
entire problem, the bike will again run where the temperature is supposed to
and my fuel mileage will come back to the 48mpg i'm used  to.

Will

Will