Dry Rot Repairs, day 2

<=== Prev Next ===>


Last night, after the contractors left, I cleaned, caulked, and painted the portion of the back wall that was covered by one of the stringers for the stairs. Today’s pictures will show why. The new stringer is not attached to the wall but there is little space to paint.

After the post supporting the front walkway overhang was routed and lag bolted I added a coat of primer. I also primed the facia that was replaced above the garage. Forgot to take pictures of that.

The reason the eaves on the pool house rotted was because the shingles didn’t go all the way to the gutter. To fix that all the way around was going to be about $800. Hmm, the current shingles are almost 20 years old. A complete new roof is $2000. We’re getting a new roof on the pool house.

Facia removed

Facia removed

Facia removed
Facia rot

Facia rot

Facia rot
Routed post

Routed post

Routed post
New facia

New facia

New facia
New eave

New eave

New eave
Will be stringers

Will be stringers

Will be stringers
Debris and household junk

Debris and household junk

Debris and household junk
one of three

one of three

one of three
Base anchored to concrete

Base anchored to concrete

Base anchored to concrete
Three stringers

Three stringers

Three stringers
New eave (bottom)

New eave (bottom)

New eave (bottom)
Off come the shingles

Off come the shingles

Off come the shingles
Up go the stringers

Up go the stringers

Up go the stringers
Soon to be steps

Soon to be steps

Soon to be steps
Art

Art

Art
Bye-bye, shingles

Bye-bye, shingles

Bye-bye, shingles
Treads cut

Treads cut

Treads cut
Installing treads

Installing treads

Installing treads

 

<=== Prev Next ===>