Saturday, 27 Aug 2022
We decided a while ago to add air conditioning to the house. Now that the battery is installed it’s time to do that. We’re going with a heat-pump mini-split with a head unit for the upstairs master bedroom and a second head-unit in the downstairs family room.
Today the upstairs head unit was physically installed and work started on routing the external lines needed to feed the unit.
Sunday, 28 Aug 2022
Routing the copper pipe across the roof to the upstairs head unit. My grandkids came over later in the afternoon. I was too busy to picture all of the work that was done.
Monday, 29 Aug 2022
There was some discussion about the location of the downstairs head unit. It will be on the other side of this wall. I cleaned up the top of the shelves over my workbench for easier access. A hole has to be made somewhere in the wall for AC tubing. I suspect the existing water pipes will complicate head unit placement.
More work on the AC tubing that spans the roof and will supply the upstairs head unit. One of the pictures shows that the last time I touched up the paint on the 2nd story external wall I didn’t quite match what was there. Don’t notice it from the street, but it sure shows up in the photos.
Tuesday, 30 Aug 2022
The concrete pad to hold the heat pump was poured this morning. This afternoon was back and forth between house and garage to figure out a good place to mount the downstairs head unit. With required clearances it wouldn’t fit in our preferred spot. This spot will do. The needed hole in the wall will miss the water pipes. I don’t care that it needs to go through a garage cabinet.
Friday, 02 Sep 2022
The heat pump finally arrived and was muscled onto the concrete pad. It has not been permananetly fastened, yet. Some work was done preparing tubing to wrap around the eave of the roof. The tubing will follow a path similar to the conduit that holds solar panel wiring.
<=== Prev Next ===>