1966 BMW R69S Restoration: Useful Links
Before getting to my restoration I want to share these useful links. Some supplied helpful information. Others are vendors. I’ve removed broken links, some of which pointed to useful data that is no longer available on the net, e.g. the slash2 yahoo mailing list.
- /2 horror story from Allan Atherton
- BING Carburetors
- Mark Huggett GmbH
- Craig Vechorik’s Bench Mark Works
- Cycle Works
- Brent’s Motorcycle Works
- Duane Ausherman’s BMW related pages
- Understanding And Maintaining The BMW /2 Electrical System by Doug Rinckes in PDF form. This is version 1.0 of a document that since has turned into a full fledged book. The book is available from lulu.com.
- Vintage BMW Motorcycle Owners, Ltd
The earliest pictures were taken with a camera that could create an amazing 1024 x 768 pixel image. At least I thought it was amazing at the time. It had 6 megabytes of internal storage that held up to 30 of the large images or 120 smaller, 512 x 384 pixel images. Those were my only two choices. There was no way to add external memory. Alas, I typically had the camera to set at the lower resolution as I didn’t know any better. And the light in my garage was terrible. And I didn’t take much care.
512 x 384 images are too small on modern large monitors. I’ve digitally increased their size. However, making bad images bigger does not make them better. Please accept my apologies in advance for the terrible picture quality. Quality start to improve with images taken after Sep 1999 when I got a new camera.
Now on to the restoration story…