Re: Fuel Overflow

Hopefully that's the problem. However, if the leak continues or gets
worse it might be what happened on my '94 R11RS. One day I noticed a
tiny puddle of fuel by the overflow tube outlet. After about a week,
the puddle became big enough to reach the back tire.

I took things apart and found, within the fuel tank, the hose had been
rubbing against the tank enough for it to wear through and leak. I was
surprised how beat up the fuel lines looked on a (back then) 4 year old
bike.

BMW sells a length of replacement hose which is long enough to replace
all of the vent hoses plus some. If I remember correctly the hose was
inexpensive. I made the replacement overflow hose longer so it wouldn't
rub against the tank. The replacement hose had a much thicker wall than
the original hoses. Here's a pic...the new hose is on the left:
<http://www.colorado-artist.com/bmw/images/bmwfilter13.jpg>

Karl