RE: battery tender

Tom Cutter wrote:

<<< Charge tha battery with a proper battery chatger, after cleaning the
case
and terminals, and visually inspecting the battery for leaks and physical
damage. Verify that the electrolyte level is between the lines, and charge
at 10%
of the rated amperage for 10 hours. >>>

  Tom, all,

  I am completely lacking battery knowledge. I haven't owned a car in 4
years, so all I've done is make sure it has water. I've replaced the battery
once in those 4 years, heard that is good for Florida. I have "Century"
Model 87062 charger. Has a 2A/12V "low rate charge". Also has a "6A/6V"
"High rate charge". So is this charger all I need or totally useless for
maintaining a battery?
  I will be *trying* to ride at least once a week for more than 15 miles,
but sometimes that might turn into every three weeks, who knows. ABS faults
if the bike sits over a week. Shut it off, start it up, no fault. No
worries? Is every three weeks @ 50-700 enough to charge the battery? What
mileage count burns off any undesirable contaminates a short ride would
produce?

<<< Repeat every six weeks. >>>

  Sounds like I don't qualify to worry about the battery at all, or am I
mis-reading?

<<< three weeks in hot weather. >>>

  50-700 considered "hot". In Florida, the 500 part is considered "cold".
Not trying to rub it in <grin>, but seriously... do I have anything extra to
do to my battery?