From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Martin Lodahl
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2003 2:16 PM
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: battery tender

>     On most oilheads, battery access can be gained in under 15
> minutes, and
> much less on some models. This is a small amount of work for an important
> service item.

Well, Tom, I'd venture to say that the 1150 Roadster may be the exception,
for even the most rapid of wrenches.  It took me over three hours yesterday,
feeling my way along and trying not to damage anything.  Granted, less than
a half-hour to button it back up, once I knew what to expect.  Nevertheless,
this is a ridiculous amount of effort for a necessary maintenance task.

Topping up the battery didn't help, BTW.  It may be toast.  I'm going to try
a bigger charger, and if that doesn't help, Odyssey may have gained another
customer.

	- Martin
- --
Martin Lodahl of Auburn, CA